Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I am looking for a program that will allow me to clone my hard drive onto another 2.5" HDD so that I could replace my 320GB with a 500GB.

I really do not want to relaod everything all over again if I do not have to?

mangrove

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
FL, USA

Agree with CCC. By the way OWC makes this great little Voyager Q which you just stick a 2.5 or even 3.5 HDD into the top of and immediately clone, backup, copy, move stuff into. Mine has USB2x1, ESATAx1,FW400x1 and FW800x2. All cables are also included. It costs $90 in that config, but they offer a USB3 model for like $40 if I remember correctly. Either way a small price to pay for losing valuable and/or irreplaceable data.

I plan to mainly use it to clone and/or backup entire HHD's and then take them off site to a bank vault in case of hurricane(s). Have to think about that being in FL.:cool:

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
I have been using superduper and love it.

I have cloned about 50 times (I buy and sell used macs) and have never had a problem.

Is CCC much better? I have only used the free version of superduper and only make complete clones.

skipriverstone

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Looking to Clone Mini HDD, need Help

I just used Super Duper too.

Really easy for me (novice) to changing out HD & RAM on my Mac Mini 2.0MHz.

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
I looked at the specs for CCC and it seems to have more functionality then superduper.

I think when I researched they a few years back someone posted a link for each. I clicked the first one which was superduper. I'm going to give CCC a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.