Looking to complete a MacBook purchase, need help on shipping details

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iGrainger, Aug 31, 2010.

1. iGrainger macrumors member

iGrainger

Hey guys,

I'm in the UK, and looking to purchase an Apple 13" MacBook in the next couple of days, obviously as you can understand, I'm getting it upgraded from 2GB to 4GB of DDR3 RAM as I order it, I was wondering if anybody could tell me or give me any specific details as to how long it would take for shipping to come through to my location? Obviously I'm just looking for dates, not specific times, but on the Apple website I had a look and they said 7-10 days, but i've heard stories of people often seeing it arrive much earlier, and much later, so when can I expect it to come through?

Secondly, is there any way for me to order it online and pick it up in-store? I'm going to be using the Student Discount as I'm 18 in College, so that will cut me a bit of money off, but I am not sure as to whether you can pick it up at a local store and let them do the upgrades etc for you on the day?

Thanks in advance for all your help! :apple:

2. thunderboltspro, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011

thunderboltspro macrumors regular

Just pick it up from the store,they do most upgrades there like ram and hds.

3. iGrainger thread starter macrumors member

iGrainger

Online, there isn't an option to pick it up in store? and as far as i'm aware, educational discount isn't available face-to-face is it? Sorry for sounding stupid but never bought a product that way before :p

4. anon.ymous macrumors member

In the USA, you can't get a HD upgrade at the retail Apple store, but you can get RAM. They also don't do graphics cards, processors, or hi res screens (unless they happen to have that custom model already in stock).