Looking to finally make the switch from verizon to AT&T??????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanLD45, Jun 11, 2009.

1. DanLD45 macrumors newbie

So i just have a few questions which i hope you guys could help me out with,

I know i want to buy the iphone through apple due to the better warranty. Except when i go through the apple site and apply for a service plan it comes out to be more expensive then on the AT&T Site. Close to 40 dollars more for the 700 min family plan with unlimited texting.

Why is this?

Can i go to AT&T and sign up for the service but then buy the phone through apple?

Or what is the best option to do?

I did search before posting but couldn't find anything. If there are previous discussions about this please point me in the right way.

Thanks again

Dan

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You can get Apple care for the iPhone through AT&T.

3. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

If you buy it though AT&T it is still serviced by Apple. How is the warranty any different?

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

R u sure the plans are the same. It does not matter where you buy, you get a year warranty on your phone from Apple at no extra charge. Then you can sign up for Apple Care for I believe $69 for the second year.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You get the same Apple warranty weather you buy your iphone at the Apple store, AT&T Store, Walmart, Best Buy etc....
    It doesnt make a difference.

6. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

warranty is the same no matter where you buy it. you can buy it on ebay and as long as it is still under warranty they will service it the same.

you can buy the phone from att and apple care from apple.
    att also carries applecare in their stores.