Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JRDN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
The exact card that I have is this one: http://themacelite.wikidot.com/xfx-6200-agp

I don't have an AGP flashing rig to perform this and I'm wondering if any of you out there happen to have one!

The seller claimed that it was ready to go for the G4 but I am not sure that is the case. I have another XFX Wang card and it's working great. The machines (cube and sawtooth) both boot but there's no video output.

mode11

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2015
London
Presumably the relevant AGP pins have been properly taped on the card that isn't working?

I flashed exactly the same card for my Cube. It performed very well, but I could never get it to wake from sleep (machine seems to power up, but screen stays black). It always worked from a cold boot though.

JRDN

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Presumably the relevant AGP pins have been properly taped on the card that isn't working?

I flashed exactly the same card for my Cube. It performed very well, but I could never get it to wake from sleep (machine seems to power up, but screen stays black). It always worked from a cold boot though.

Yes, in order for the cube to boot it had to be taped. I tried taped and non taped in both machines and still no luck. The Sawtooth I believe doesn’t matter because of the lack if adc support but I nevertheless tried it anyway.

appleish19

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2014
Yes, in order for the cube to boot it had to be taped. I tried taped and non taped in both machines and still no luck. The Sawtooth I believe doesn’t matter because of the lack if adc support but I nevertheless tried it anyway.
I found an eBay auction and purchased one myself for my cube. I contacted the seller and he said they are already ready for installation. Might work for you?

Mods-Not my auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262696509186

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.