iPad Looking to get an iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CookieMonster20, Jun 29, 2013.

1. CookieMonster20 macrumors newbie

Hi all. I'm a bit of a late comer to the Apple party, only got my first Apple product (iPhone 5) in March. I'm really loving everything about it though, and I've now decided I would like to purchase an iPad 4. What I would like to check on is what size GB would be suitable for me to get? On my iPhone I have about 40 apps, which I would probably use all on the iPad. The main thing I want it for is reading books (Probably about a dozen) renting movies, listening to music (about 100 songs), browsing the internet, and playing the games I have (about 10).

I know my apps at the moment don't take up much space at all, but I've not bought any books / films on my iphone before, and I really didn't know how much space they took up. I know it's only £160 between the highest and lowest GB models, so I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't need to spend that bit more on the extra space.

Thanks, and apologies for the noobishness I may have. :p

2. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

What size iPhone do you have? If you have a 16GB iPhone 5 you could use this as a good justification to what size iPad you should get. Personally I have a 16GB iPad Mini and it's more than enough storage for me. I'm guessing the same would apply to you.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have an iPhone 5 16GB but had to buy the iPad 4 64GB due to the fact that I use it when traveling and carried a lot of movies on it for viewing on my down time. Most movies will be between 1 or 2 GB. Also had several gigs of music. If you are only going to carry apps on it, then a 16GB might work. But when you start adding big files, it does not take long to fill it.

You will be the best judge of how you are going to use it. If you are still unsure, then I would choose minimum a 32GB.

4. 960design macrumors 68020

A 16GB will probably be plenty big for you. iOS7 will display all of your movies with a little cloud button at the top right, so you can download them at will very easily.

A 16GB iPad will easily hold 50 games and several movies as stated before. It all depends on how impatient you are.

5. tazz3 macrumors regular

I got an ipad4 32 gig refurb from the apple store for 499,
    This thing is awesome brand new battery and outer shell.
    It's worth every penny

6. 960design macrumors 68020

$499 very nice, I got mine for $579 / we buy them in 10 packs.

7. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I have the 64gb cellular ipad and I'm out of space. I have a few apps and like 49 movies. I also have a 16gb iPhone that I use for music and my texting needs. Also a 8gb iPod touch for purely music.