Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
hey guys,

looking to get a new monitor with my mac pro now. Im using the 22 inch DELL E228WFP Display for now.. While it's good i would like something bigger, for editing on fcpx and photoshop editing. My dilemma is i only have DVI ports on my graphics card.. I would like to get a 24-27 inch monitor with sound since I don't own speakers for my mac pro. Im leaning on 24 inch apple cinema display. Any suggestions on adapters and monitors to make this work.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
hey guys,

looking to get a new monitor with my mac pro now. Im using the 22 inch DELL E228WFP Display for now.. While it's good i would like something bigger, for editing on fcpx and photoshop editing. My dilemma is i only have DVI ports on my graphics card.. I would like to get a 24-27 inch monitor with sound since I don't own speakers for my mac pro. Im leaning on 24 inch apple cinema display. Any suggestions on adapters and monitors to make this work.
Just get an adapter. I prefer Apple displays over others for my Mac...

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
I'd reccomend an Alu Cinema Display 20, 23, or 30".
I'm using two 20" and they are nicely calibrated out of the box, match perfectly and have worked flawlessly since I bought them in 2010. For reference, they were built in '06. For speakers just go buy any random logitech, they'll be better then what's in any ACD.

Here's a nice example: Link

Nice as it's natively DVI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.