Looking to get out of Sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alansmallen, Nov 17, 2008.

1. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Hey guys. I'm long since an iPhone user, but I just wanted to help. For all you who want to leave your Sprint contracts to get an iPhone, you can do so without having to pay an Early Termination Fee. They just raised their prices, which means that according to your contract, you can leave without having to pay.

Take a read:
    http://gizmodo.com/5091259/flee-your-sprint-contract-without-paying-an-etf

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Doesn't matter, they're bastards. Or, you can just wait until they file chapter 11 or dissolve, then you may be able to void your contract. I was totally out of my contract and they still hit me up for money when I left a month ago. I don't even know what it was for because used to get eBills only from them, with the option of seeing the details on my online account if needed. Well, since leaving, they have disabled my online account.

3. jejagua macrumors member

I just transferred one of my lines from Sprint to ATT and it cost me $150. I called to cancel two additional Sprint lines and they told me it would cost $200 a piece. They couldn't tell me why there is a price discrepancy of $50 for an xfered number vs one outright canceled. I inquired about the recent rumor they now prorate termination fees, but the rep said that was just for new lines.

I'm really sick of their business practices. I've shelled them a lot of money but coughing up $450 to term three lines is painful. These weren't even decent handsets (bottom of the line flip-phones).