Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Hi,

I'm looking to have an app developed for IOS but clueless on the price for this type of work.

---

Overview:

So lots of apps out there doing what I want, and instagram contains this function.

Basically,

1. User downloads the app
2. Registers and signs-in
3. Selects a tile layout
4. Clicks one of the tiles, which opens up their photo library, they select a photo and it loads it into that tile.
5. Step 4 is repeated until 3/5 tiles are filled with different photos
6. They click done and it takes those 3/5 photos in that layout and turns it into one image.
7. They can then share that photo on Facebook

---

I don't want brushes, watermarks or captions or any of that stuff. I just want it to be a quick process for the user - they select maybe 1 out of 5 layouts, load images in, converts into 1 image and share it - I would hope the user could go through the whole process in a few minutes max.

Any ideas how complex it is to do this, and how much it 'could' cost?

Would $1000 get this job done if the design was supplied properly.

Thanks

And Hi to everyone, my first thread.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007

Why? None of the rest of your description entails anything where having an account on yet another service would be useful for the end user.

Anyways, yes, this sounds like something you could have developed for $1000 to me. This sounds like something I could make in a single night. One and a half maximum.

crazycat10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Why? None of the rest of your description entails anything where having an account on yet another service would be useful for the end user.

Anyways, yes, this sounds like something you could have developed for $1000 to me. This sounds like something I could make in a single night. One and a half maximum.

I know, I understand what you mean by another account but its more to future proof it then anything - im still looking at the overall picture but once I know I can get this developed within my price range, I can get serious.

It's another photo app :rolleyes: I know, but at a slightly different angle then the others. I'm willing to spend some cash to see how it performs.

Can I come back to you in a week on this project then? I can get some designs produced, PM you the URL so you can view online and let me know if your interested (or not).

f77coder

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2014
Twilight Zone
Hi,
1. User downloads the app
3. Selects a tile layout
4. Clicks one of the tiles, which opens up their photo library, they select a photo and it loads it into that tile.
5. Step 4 is repeated until 3/5 tiles are filled with different photos
6. They click done and it takes those 3/5 photos in that layout and turns it into one image.
7. They can then share that photo on Facebook

signs-in with who? where? do you already have a server/database setup?
are you pushing notifications? why don't you sync to the iCloud and set it up there instead?

you could easily chop up some demo code and link in the fb sdk but why? i don't see any commercialization for this. what is unique about this app?

crazycat10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
signs-in with who? where? do you already have a server/database setup?
are you pushing notifications? why don't you sync to the iCloud and set it up there instead?

you could easily chop up some demo code and link in the fb sdk but why? i don't see any commercialization for this. what is unique about this app?

Signup with the app, on the app homepage, we have a server, we can give access to create a db on the server.

iCloud - Happy to do it anyway the app dev thinks best.

I was thinking the user could sign-in, save login details to Facebook within the App so they dont have to keep signing in every time they wanted to share a new photo - but again going to wireframe this out so I can see what's going on.

I would be happy to let this run without any monetisation at the start. But just to answer your question how someone 'could' -> run Adsense maybe.

I already have a website which receives over 100K visitors a month from mobile devices - I plan on promoting the App heavily using this traffic source.

I can't say what my angle is, I have a successful website already and I know when I see something with possibilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.