Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I have not installed windows using boot camp since my 2009 MBP, however I have a 13" Ultimate MBP and I am looking to install Windows 10-64 Bit. I have 200gb free on the SSD, and 16 gb ram, so hardware is enough, but now you buy it and download it from MS so how does this work with BootCamp, I assume I have to install Windows on a USB External HDD or USB Key for Boot Camp to find the installer correct?

Wondering if anyone else is running Win 10 on their MBP how they did it?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have not installed windows using boot camp since my 2009 MBP, however I have a 13" Ultimate MBP and I am looking to install Windows 10-64 Bit. I have 200gb free on the SSD, and 16 gb ram, so hardware is enough, but now you buy it and download it from MS so how does this work with BootCamp, I assume I have to install Windows on a USB External HDD or USB Key for Boot Camp to find the installer correct?

Wondering if anyone else is running Win 10 on their MBP how they did it?
Is a "13" Ultimate MBP" (whatever that is) the 2012 model you have in your signature?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
i updated my Signature, forgot I had one, bsaically I have the 13" Ultimate MPB 3.5 i7, 16GB Ram, 1 TB SSD
In that case you just need the installer ISO from Microsoft, and then you point the Boot Camp assistant to that. It will guide you through what you need to do to get Windows installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.