Looking to jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nitromaxx, Jun 3, 2010.

1. nitromaxx macrumors member

Good Afternoon all!

I have been seriously considering jailbreaking my iPhone 3G and was looking for some advice. I'm really just looking to be able to tether and maybe see what else it has to offer. I've never jailbroken before and ive seen spiritjb.com
    and it seems pretty easy, but again I have no experience in this sort of thing and I really don't want my only phone to become a brick. So, any advice or tips or anything of that nature would be appreciated.

2. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Please see the entire section here in the forums under iPhone hacking to find out all the information you need. Also, all tutorials that even a monkey could follow to jailbreak can be found at iClarified.com :D

3. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

use blackra1n or whatever its called easiest imo way to jail break your phone in literally seconds with no hassle. other then tethering you can download theme tweaks for the iphone and ringtones thats pretty much all the perks except hackulo.us repo.... probably more but thats what i did after jail-braking my iphone.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I was same way. 3G...never jailbroke. I didn't need to unlock it, just jailbreak it.
    So I used the one click spiritjb and it worked great. Simple as it looks. One click, wait a few seconds, reboot. tada..

5. irwinm macrumors member

If you have a 3GS on 3.1.3, just use Spirit and it takes 30 seconds (unless it freezes and you have to restore like I did the first time) - it is really idiot-proof and amazing.

I've been using the iPhone since day 1 of the original and had never jailbroken, and when I decided to mess around with my old 2G sitting around a couple of weeks ago I was amazed at how cool it was and immediately did my 3GS - I can't believe I waited so long to do it - it's changed my mind in the near-term about keeping the iphone (although I'm still lusting after the EVO..)

6. nitromaxx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for input guys. I JB'd with spirit and have had no issues (so far). :D