Looking to make a business flyer - help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wills.Details, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Wills.Details macrumors member

Whats up,

so I'm looking to make a simple business flyer. Nothing fancy, just some info and maybe a photo or two. I was wondering if there is a program i can use (preferably free since this isn't a big project?) on my MBP that would be able to help me accomplish this. Something easy to use but effective would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A simple document in NeoOffice should work for you.

3. Wills.Details thread starter macrumors member

is that something i have to download from apple apps or?

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Pretty much any text editor will do the job. Pages is pretty good for layout documents, but Word, OpenOffice, or Bean would be fine.

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

NeoOffice is a free Word-like word processor. Easy to get, but if you haven't used it before there is a learning curve to get up and running. I don't know if it comes with a template for business flyers, but you can Google around and see.

Pages is a Mac word processor. It also is a very easy to use page layout application, which is what you want in this case. It comes with several business flyer templates, so all you have to do is type in your own text and add your own photo. Very easy to use - but not free. You can find it on the Mac App Store, and iirc, it is about $15. Keep in mind that it is also a word processor so it's not just for flyers and what not.

Before you do anything else, just check your Mac to see if Pages is not already installed. Just in case....

Good Luck.

6. JackRoch, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

JackRoch macrumors member