Looking to purchase a 32" LCD HDTV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 7on, Oct 14, 2008.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Posted this in the DV forum, didn't see the "Home Theater" after Apple TV in this forum's title. Whoops. Anyway, probably the best place for this question. :D Thanks for helping!

Thinking about buying a HDTV next week. Already bought the Component cables 32" LCD is the size I'm looking at and here are the models ->

SAMSUNG LN32A330
    SONY KDL-32L4000
    SHARP LC-32DV24U

Last year I had Philips on my list in the number 1 spot but they seem to be overshadowed by the others so I'm not so certain about that brand, though I can be persuaded.

I have 2 component devices and one HDMI so a collection of ports aren't a must. The best thing I'm looking for is picture (and price is always a factor, meaning I won't spent $1000 on a 32" but I know a guy who's working at an electronics retailer and he said he'd throw in a friends and family discount)

Basically what I want to know is one brand worth recommending above the other? Is the Samsung the best out there?

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Sony and Samsung have the best LCD tvs from what i have seen and heard.

I plan on getting a 40" sony this christmas.

3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i have about 8 samsung units scattered about my house and i've been very pleased with the picture.

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

5. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

The Sharp Aquos 1080p 32'' is the best TV that size I have ever seen.

6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I've got all Samsung TVs in the house. My 52" is a 650 series and it is awesome, and I also have a 32" 450 series Samsung mounted in the the bedroom, so I can def. vouch for Samsung.

7. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I had an old 42" plasma a few years back. I found it very large for my viewing room. After 4 years I sold it and got a 32" Sony Bravia. Love the size. I also have a 27" in another room. Unless you have the extra large room I find anything over 32" too over-powering. Back to your question, I love my Sony but my brother has a LG that is also stunning.

8. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

my vote is for samsung. sony makes a great tv but only until you get into their higher end models. their low end models, are, well, low end. you get what you pay for. samsung hands down for a good quality lcd for the price and size you want.