Looking to Purchase new MBP 13" Retina - Looking for feedback

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macpro88, Apr 8, 2016.

  1. macpro88 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 23, 2014
    #1
    Hello! Hoping to get some feedback from those of you who probably pay more attention to the market than I do.

    I currently have two Macbook Air laptops. A 13" for myself and an 11" for my wife. They are both from 2014 but I think mine might be 1 refresh older.

    I'm looking to upgrade and will likely sell both of the Airs since my wife does not use hers that often and usually just used mine since it's already up and running most the time.

    I looks like I can roughly catch about $750 for both of them if I sell, maybe $800 if I'm lucky.

    So, right now, Best Buy has $100 off on the Macbook Pros, including the 13" Retina 256GB SSD model that I want; for $1,399.99.

    What I'm asking is, is it worth it to sell now and buy now, or sell later and buy later, and potentially risk loosing more value from the Airs? I really want to hold out for the next refresh, but I have no idea when those will be ready to ship.

    The 13" Retina Pro will definitely be an upgrade compared to the Airs we have. Just wanted to muddle this over with a few of ya.

    Usage: I do light Lightroom and Photoshop work for my amature photography and occasional youtube video from some of the video games I play.

    Thanks everyone!
     
  2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2010
    #2
    If you can wait until WWDC (middle of June) RumorHazIt that the rMBP will get a makeover - current CPU's along with possibly thinner design
     
  3. macpro88 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 23, 2014
    #3
    Not that I don't want the newest model, I just don't need it lol. And again, I guess my only concern is loosing more value on the Airs by the time the new rMBP ship. I'd love to wait. Historically, how long after WWDC do refresh products ship?
     
  4. Howard2k macrumors 65816

    Howard2k

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2016
    #4
    I'm waiting and chugging along with my 2007 iMac for now. Sooner or later Apple is going to update these to the current generation and when that happens there will be a choice of a discount on the current Macbook (and Pro) range or a current generation unit.

    $100 discount - I'm not sure that's enough for me to buy old hardware.
     
  5. macpro88 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 23, 2014
    #5
    An almost ten year old desktop. LOVE IT.

    And yeah, I wasn't sure what the sale stuff would look like when they announce the new refresh. I don't mind paying $100 less for current hardware when it's going to be a fairly large upgrade for what I have now.
     
  6. pbmagnet4 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2009
    #6
    I would just go for it. The biggest improvements you will see in the newer MBP will be USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, all of which will take a few years to really be standard anyways. I recently went from a 2012 MBP to the model you are suggesting and I love it.
     
  7. macpro88 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 23, 2014
    #7
    Thanks for input! I'm thinking I will as well, since I had a few takers on the Airs from some followers on twitter. So it's looking like I'll be able to maximize the selling price on the Airs which helps. No eBay fees!

    And I don't need some power house computer either; not looking to spend ~$2.5k+ :)

    Thanks!
     

Share This Page