Looking to replace macbook pro battery.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gc15, Jul 4, 2016.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34

I have discussed this often in other threads. The really cheap ones, like the one you selected, are a real liability. These things can explode and/or ruin other parts of your machine in the longer run.
    Apple gets it's batteries from their Chinese factories. These factories do produce batteries, under a different name, with exactly the same specs and quality. If you do not get an original the only other brand which is proven to be of the same quality is LMP. They are just as good. So I would suggest you try one of them if you want to be sure.
    Here is a link, except it's a Dutch site, but if you copy the battery specs you should be able to find it elsewhere.
    Good luck.
    http://www.ikfix.nl/macbook-pro-unibody-13-inch-onderdelen/nl/page/133/?Lister=1#/?SF_25=332

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Too many threads of the "My 7 day old replica battery is losing capacity..." kind for me to ever worry about using a non-OEM battery. Mine is 5yrs old and still has 88% original capacity so not quite considering replacement yet...

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

In my experience the cheap ones always fail within a year. Never worth the money.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I echo the sentiment of the other posters, avoid the knock offs, you get what you pay for. Just bite the bullet and get the OEM one.

7. tubeexperience macrumors 68030