Price Advice Looking to sell my iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cocky jeremy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

But i'm not sure what's a fair price for it due to the issues i've been having. Random kernel panics, screen flickering, freezes. Lots of them. Took it to an authorized service center and they found ZERO hardware issues, but it's doing the same thing with a clean install of Lion with absolutely no apps or data (other than the OS itself and built in apps) Keep in mind, they had this iMac for a week and tested hardware overnight a few times, so i somewhat doubt it's hardware. Personally, i think it's RAM or graphics card if it is hardware related, but i plan to upgrade regardless and sell this one. Not sure what a fair price is to ask for considering this. It all started when i upgraded to Lion, so it's possible it might just be Lion with this model, i haven't tried going back to Snow Leopard. Anyway, here's the specs:

2009 2.93 GHz C2D
    640 GB HDD
    8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GT 120
    running Lion

Any suggestions are appreciated. Also, i was quoted right at $400 for a new graphics card.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive