Looking to upgrade from UE super.fi 4vi

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mvalpreda, Jan 5, 2009.

1. mvalpreda macrumors newbie

I have been using the UE super.fi 4vi earbuds for a while and like them. They keep the sound out at the gym, don't have to turn them very loud and the button/mic is very nice.

Looking to upgrade and give my wife my UE4vi since she just got an iPhone as well. Looking for some suggestions in the 150-200 range. Want in-ear and of course want the mic and play/pause/skip button. I was looking at the 5vi's since I have some comply foam tips I bought that are way better than the silicon tips.

Would love to find something that sounds as good as my Westone UM2s! Thanks for any suggestions!

2. DigMe macrumors 6502

Are you looking for something with a mic and iPhone controls or just regular in-ear monitors?

3. mvalpreda thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, in ear with controls.

If I didn't want the controls I would stick with my UM2s. Those are awesome!

4. DigMe macrumors 6502

5. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i suggest the etymotic hf2. they have much of the acoustic qualities of their top of the line er4. the triple flange are sooooo comfortable. they also have the microphone and supposedly, the "cord noise" is reduced compared to the er6i

ilounge has given them high praise, i believe them to be pretty unbiased.