Looking to upgrade, need pricing advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheiPodPerson, Mar 14, 2016.

1. TheiPodPerson macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

Looking to see my beloved mid 2010 MBP, but I need some help with pricing. I've done a few mods to it over the years to make it an ideal video/photo editing computer. So, I have no idea what price I should throw it on craigslist for.

Here are the specs:

Processor: 2.66GHz Core i7
    Memory: 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Storage: 480gb SSD system drive and 750gb storage drive in place of optical drive (via OWC data doubler)
    Screen: 15" Glossy

Also sent it to Apple a few months ago and paid to have the logic board replaced (also somehow they replaces the battery, screen, outer shell and footies for no additional cost.)

Will include original box, newish power cord and external optical drive.

Thanks everyone!

2. Radriar macrumors newbie

Radriar

Without knowing what part of the world you are located at it is difficult to recommend a price. In Australia a 2010 Mac book Pro with upgrades similar to those specified can go for from $800-$1100 AUS in good condition. According to eBay global a similarly spec macbook pro 2010 is priced from $600 upwards with just an ssd. It would be a good idea to check both eBay's sold listings (found in the filter settings) and present craigslist listings then take it from there.

Also when you took the mac in for a logic board replacement are you sure they replaced all the parts mentioned or did you receive a refurbished unit? , I would not expect apple to go to all that trouble for a 4/5 year old notebook however I suppose they only recently classed the 2010 macbook pro's as 'vintage' so where still performing support service.

Another note, you should next time use the 'price advice' suffix on threads such as these as outlined in the rules for the 'buying tips and advice' forum.

All the best :p