Looking up Logic Board information

Discussion in 'macOS' started by egospite, Jul 14, 2010.

1. egospite macrumors newbie

I recently bought an iMac at a garage sale. The seller thought it was dead, but it turned on just fine, so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. I'm not familiar with Mac OS commands and want to find out as much information as I can about the iMac before I can no longer fight the urge to crack it open.

How do I look up which logic board I have through the OS? I have 10.4.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

What do you want to know about the logic board? If you're looking for processor speed, etc, click on the Apple menu, About this Mac, More Info.

jW

3. egospite thread starter macrumors newbie

When someone asks me what logic board I have, I want to be able to name the model and brand.

I'm having trouble finding the entry stating which logic board I have, or is the logic board tied to the computer model? Would my logic board be "iMac#.#"?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Look on the side of the box, and the model number can point you toward the logic board part number by searching.

About this Mac iMac7,1 (family/revision) -- from original Cardboard Box MA877LL (specific machine) -- Google Search 661-4439 (logic board part number)

Apple makes their own motherboards, they don't use a "brand"

They don't really even tell you what chipset the machine uses, so you have to hunt for info on what chips Apple used on the board yourself. The specs are all Apple really posts, no details anymore (they used to make block diagrams of the motherboard available on the public side of the developer website.) Haven't found anything in a long long while.

5. egospite thread starter macrumors newbie

6. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone