Lookingfor Eudora replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bengi, Jul 21, 2012.

1. bengi macrumors member

2. bengi thread starter macrumors member

3. rainydays macrumors 6502a

I don't mean to be a jerk, but why?
    I understand that there are wonderful features of Eudora, but are the alternatives really that bad that it's worth the effort?

4. bengi thread starter macrumors member

You can only understand if you have used Eudora as a professional tool for the last 10-15 years...

5. rainydays macrumors 6502a

I completely understand being used to a particular tool or workflow that you just like.
    I for example still miss BeOS 10 years after its death. And it still has a lot of features that are unmatched in todays operating systems.

But sometimes, when you move on to other tools, you find other advantages and new workflows. Sometimes they even suite you better.

Anyhow, wasn't the point of Eudora OSE to be the replacement you are looking for?

And although its not similar to Eudora, I find Postbox to be an excellent email client. Give it a try if you haven't already.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I guess you're right. I gave Eudora a "test drive" back in the day and didn't like it at all. Now the only thing I can remember about it is that it opened so many windows and I couldn't do everything in a single window.

7. bengi thread starter macrumors member

indeed! I recall questioning with Entoura/Outlook fans for days!