Looks like BeeJive is fixed?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bbplayer5, Jun 24, 2009.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Having no connection issues and push is working well again. Maybe they fixed their server issue?

Awesome program :D

2. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

It could be. I know they were in the process of fixing some bugs. I agree, this is a great app. It was just probably rushed out but once the bugs get fixed, it will be great.

3. Interpolation macrumors regular

Has anyone lost there yahoo avatar/picture....???

Mine is blank and has no option to add one. I did also loose the one for MSN but there was an option to add it back.

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

You have to remember too that Apple only allows a developer a limited number of beta testers (50 I think?) so it would be hard to do any real world load testing on the servers ahead of a public launch.

Having said that though I hope their server issues are not ongoing, I don't mind the occasional crash in the client but when it just won't connect it is rather annoying!

When it does connect though the Push Notifications work great, although I think they need some re-thinking as my friends have a habit of sending a burst of messages instead of one longer one so I get bombarded with the notifications while trying to do something else. I know you can turn those alerts off but I don't want to do that, maybe a "pause" button or such on the alerts would be a solution so it would suspend alerts for that app until you reopen the app?

5. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

One push message would be good like you said. Not the entire burst lol... Either way its better than no notification :D

6. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I just got disconnected from AIM. I don't think it's fixed yet.

7. bushido Suspended

bushido

am i just to stupid to figure it out but how exactly does push work or on BeeJive for that matter cuz i dont seem to get IMs when my iPhone is on stand-by but as soon as i turn it back on i get all the IM pop ups

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I get them when the phone is on standby. Although I found the pop-ups to be royally irritating, so I set it to just a sound and a badge.

9. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

One thing that kind of annoys me and I don't know if anybody else notices this, but try this scenario:

Receive a push notification while phone is sleeping. Open up the message and respond back and then put the phone back to sleep mode while leaving the app open. If you receive another message it will vibrate and/or play the notification noise but there will be no push message. I guess it is because the app is still technically running, but it really isn't. I have to remember to close the app and then put it to sleep ever time. It just seems like a wasted step opening/closing the app continuously. It should know that the phone is in sleep mode, correct?

10. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

can't really blame the app for that - you've left it running, as you said.

If you want to keep getting the pushes, shut the app down. Plus, it'll save your battery life... which, after all, is pretty much the whole point of the push notification system in the first place.

11. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Push is for when the app is NOT open... IE you pushed your home button. If you left the app open you wont get a popup message, thats not how its designed.

12. weeman macrumors 6502

Try turning on "ringer when inactive"

it should make a noise when you are in the app and the phone is on sleep.

13. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Hmm I am still logged on perfectly for the last 2 hours and 40 minutes. Might be some hiccups for a bit, but def better than last night!

14. wob96766 macrumors newbie

Still sorta iffy for me

I have the original iPhone in the San Francisco Bay area and so far things have been kinda sketchy for me... I have yahoo, gtalk, and aim accounts and here's what I've noticed:

Yahoo - keeps randomly disconnecting after 20 minutes even after I've set beejive to keep connected for 24 hours. Sometimes it's 20 minutes, other times it's after several hours.

AIM - it's a little more stable. seems to disconnect at longer random intervals, like once every few hours. I just notice that I stop receiving messages.

GTalk - Not sure how to evaluate since I only have one gtalk friend. Seems to work ok.

Overall - seems to completely disconnect from all services every few hours.

It's a lot better than the non-push IM clients of yester-week, but still kinda iffy as far as being a replacement for text messaging since the reliability factor isn't that high right now. I'm kinda happy that I can use push now, but at the same time I'm slightly disappointed... :(

I'm wondering if maybe my problems are because I have the older non-3G phone. Could this be a reason to upgrade? :D

15. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Mine hasnt disconnected at all today. Coming up on 4 hours now. last night was horrible and so was waking up this morning... but since then, no issues ! and no, your non 3G phone should have the same success rate. When you close the program, it has nothing to do with your connection since their server is keeping you online, not your phone.

16. weeman macrumors 6502

Im with ya on that one...yesterday night when I kept logging in I would keep on getting the spinny circle but since this morning I just open the app and BAM, its connected.

17. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I still think that there are more bugs to be worked on with this.

18. longdogs macrumors regular

Just getting the spinning wheel at the moment :(

19. yayaba macrumors 6502

Is this working for people? (9:40 PST). I still get the endless spinning icon.

20. sziehr macrumors 6502a

I am getting connection issues as well. when it first came out it was splendid no weird issues. Now i am having issues with it.
    I hope people report it to beejive and that they fix it. This is one of the greatest apps on the iphone by far when it works right.

21. yayaba macrumors 6502

It was working for me for about a minute but now I get the spinning icon again. Guess it's still in limbo.

22. MaroW macrumors member

im getting disconnected often... sometimes it tells me which is annoying enough... but sometimes it doesnt tell me and thats even more annoying since i have no way to know that im offline then...

23. Chili Bowl macrumors newbie

probably a dumb question but how do you close Beejive to receive push notifications?

I thought pressing the home button will do, but i realized thats not the case.

24. gts197 macrumors regular

I've had the same issues. I started using the official aim yesterday for the meantime and I have not had any issues whatsoever. The push is working flawlessly and i have had no connection issues. If you are just using aim and nothing else i recommend giving it a shot.

25. MaroW macrumors member

how do people still not know that you can use AIM for icq too? i really dont get it...