Looks like I won the rMBP lottery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Arcsylver, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Arcsylver macrumors member

Just went to the Apple store this Friday and picked up a base model Retina Macbook Pro and looks like I got one of the good ones.

So far no image retention or any of the reported issues others have been having and it has both a Samsung panel and Samsung SSD controller.

So hopefully this means that Apple is beginning to get the QC issues sorted out with this sweet machine.

on a Side note. this is my first brand new Mac. My previous Macbook Pro was a hand me down 2006 from my partner's brother. There is something about opening that pristine white box that is really exciting :)

2. NeilSpoon macrumors member

Same here. Received mine yesterday and its its pitch perfect.

Just thought I'd post it to create a bit of a balance against all the scare mongering posts we've had over the past few weeks. :)

3. OnceYouGoMac macrumors 6502

I don't have a rMBP but I'm glad you got a good one. Enjoy :D:apple:

4. MacRetina macrumors member

MacRetina

I think people who purchased their rMBP in late August and September received perfect rMBP.

5. Bmf79 macrumors member

I received the MBP and rMBP I ordered yesterday for comparison. Luckily the rMBP I ordered has the Samsung screen, no dead pixels and no IR. Did both tests via info from these forums, thanks to all. Now to decide which to keep.....

6. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Ordered mine today, hopefully I'm as lucky! Won't get it until the 21st or so though :(

7. jezza69 macrumors member

Just got mine delivered about a hour ago so far so good,such a big jump from my old white macbook i think i will use mine for a few days before i say its 100% right but at the moment i cant not see a thing wrong with it and loving it

8. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

happy for you guys and congratulation for your new machines ;)

9. h3blade macrumors newbie

what about heat issues? try to benchmark or stress your cpu to 90% and over and report your temp measurements on both cpu and gpu

10. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Handbrake will sort you right out or more to the point your rMBP :p 782% or a real world 98.4% CPU utilisation while transcoding a 1080P 7Gb mkv to m4v, High Profile; temp topped out 104C with the fans slowly spooling up to 5.4K (L-fan 5.5K, R-ran 5K), temp settled a 99C, ambient 25C. So yep the Retina`s just like their predecessors run real hot while under heavy load, in this case all eight Cores pretty much maxed :eek:

2.3, 256, 16; GPU ran at around the 74C mark rMBP elevated on Rain Design Mstand...