Looks like I'm not the only one!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by KawaiiAurora, Mar 11, 2017.

1. KawaiiAurora macrumors 6502

KawaiiAurora

As some of you might have read before, my Sawtooth is a tad mad...

Replacing the CoreGraphics.framework in ApplicationServices with the OS X 10.4.5 one fixed the issue.. for the most part at least. Some programs, such as Word 2004, Word 2008 and Gensis Plus 1.3.1 (1.2.9 works fine tho) still don't want to work.

I decided to open Console and I found a line reading "CGFontKey.c:227: failed asssertion 'id[k].qx <= kCGFontSharedCacheKeyMaxQ'" and it seems that one other person on the internet has had the same problem. The other person described the problem here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/998464?start=0&tstart=0

The person who created the thread said that it was the CPU so it seems that the CPU of my Mac might be the issue. Oh well, not gonna splurge more money on my crazy Sawtooth. Simply isn't worth it!

Just wanted to let ya know what the problem is just in case someone experiences a similar issue!

Thanks for all the help you've given me! :)

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

From what I read off your link, the OP in that thread mentioned it was user specific. In other words, it wasn't happening in other accounts.

That would suggest, assuming your problem is the same, that it is an issue with your logged in account.

I would try creating a new account for testing purposes and see if this issue occurs under this account. If it does NOT, then your solution is starting over with a new account.

It's a PITA to do that, but I've had to do it a few times to solve other problems.

3. KawaiiAurora thread starter macrumors 6502

KawaiiAurora

Eh? The solution is "The answer was replace the CPU's. We found this after replacing the video card, memory, logic board." as per page 3

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I stopped reading after page one. Sorry then.

5. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

Well, truth be told I didn't get past page one as there were no pictures. :D