Looks like Lifeproof has competition now

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vietalogy, Oct 7, 2014.

1. AaronRuggiere macrumors member

2. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

Wow, they are nice but they really need to have an offering for the 6+! There is a lot going on at their site...kinda too busy. Any idea how much the cases are going to cost?

3. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

They older ones didn't have great reviews so I don't know how that one will be.

4. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I bought a Lunatik Taktik for my 4, only used it a few minutes before deciding to send it back. LOOKS beautiful and the materials are high quality. But...

- It cost $125, for that price it should be perfect.
    - The built in "Gorilla Glass" screen had such a horrible rainbow effect, took up 2/3 of the screen, and could see it even with the phone on.
    - The metal frame killed my signal.
    - It was super bulky and heavy, and this is from someone that went 1 1/2 years w/ an OtterBox Armor on my 5.
    - Their customer service and communication with customers was HORRIBLE at the time (shortly after launch).
    - Very difficult to get the phone in and out of the case (again, I could put up with that if everything else were perfect).

Their other cases look pretty nice though.

5. malochico1 macrumors 6502

that aquatic looks great, specially because its so thin!
    but yea, based on previous models, its probably better to wait to see reviews first.

6. fufu999 macrumors newbie

yesssss. need the 6+!!!!! mine is a little bit bend... lol

----------

i think it's available now: https://www.lunatik.com/products/iphone-6-plus/taktik-360

7. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

Wow, those cases are pretty sweet! I'm still cool with my OctoArmor case, though. I don't live an exciting life with much motion. I'm either at my desk, or on my couch or in my bed. Not too concerned about water proof, or heavy duty drop stuff.

8. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

I see you're pushing that OctoArmor case real hard!

9. alice.c macrumors newbie

Cant agree more, I had exact same problem!

10. Jizzles macrumors regular

Just seeing pictures of the tiktak you know it's huge! It's the main reason why I didn't get it for my 5. The aquatic looks ok though but I'd hold off until reviews.