Looks like Saturday delivery IS happening...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Geminix, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Geminix macrumors newbie

42 Space Grey Sport

I was charged yesterday morning, status changed to shipped late afternoon, origin scan in Louisville around midnight and it started to move.

It went from Louisville, to Birmingham, and now to Montgomery AL (where I am). Arrived in Montgomery at 7:50 am today with destination scan. I've never seen them push something through that quick unless it was getting delivered the same day.

The other good sign is that all night my UPS tracking page said it was scheduled for delivery on Monday, but now it says that 'Scheduled Delivery is not available at this time'. All I need now is to see 'Out for Delivery'! But it appears quite certain that at least some of us will get them today!

2. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

That doesn't mean you'll see something today. You know, they DO still work on the weekends, for Monday delivery.

Sorry.

3. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Mine moved that quickly but when I called the 800 number they told me the Saturday trucks were already out.

4. Geminix thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course they work on the weekends. My point was that based on everything I have seen with my local UPS in the past, they don't rush a package from Birmingham to Montgomery office at 7 in the morning unless it is getting delivered that same day. And the fact that my delivery date is now not available, when it showed Monday all night long, speaks volumes (to me, anyway).

But hey thanks for being sorry.

I'll update if I see any more changes.

5. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I had 2 watches for delivery yesterday. 1 arrived, 1 had a delivery exception after being "out for delivery" all day.

When I called UPS to see about a pickup, they said that their "deal" with Apple was that for these watches only, they were doing Saturday deliveries today.

Sure enough, my other watch is out for delivery again today...

6. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Must be regional

7. mizzourah macrumors regular

We also almost missed our delivery yesterday and when I called, the rep told me that because the watch (at least ours) was shipped via 'Next Day Air', that comes with a Saturday delivery attempt.

Good luck.

8. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Now that you mention it, the rep did say it was "for participating zip codes." I had totally forgotten that.

Thanks. Sounds about right.

9. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Not for me :( but your optimism is making me wish I hadn't scheduled a pickup

10. natallica macrumors 6502

My watch is in Chantilly, VA -- where my packages go on a truck so I thought I would call UPS and see if I could pick it up since they are open until noon.

The woman said that since Apple didn't pay for Saturday delivery, I can't pick up my package.

11. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

Geminix, I've got my fingers crossed for you for good luck. I have the same watch, received yesterday, and after I finally finished setting it up, playing with it for a few hours, had buyers remorse for 30 minutes or so, then FINALLY getting all the apps, glances and notifications set how I want them, I'm really digging it.

I haven't picked up my phone since yesterday evening - have been texting friends, received a call while laying in bed, checked the scores of last nights MLB games for the teams I follow, checked the weather, hit the gym, used Apple Pay at the store this morning...all without actively using my phone. It just took me a day to really "get it".

Now, I just need to get my wife to stop laughing at me for being so excited and showing her every little thing it can do.

12. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

And delivered...

13. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

What an idiot. Not paying for Saturday delivery has nothing to do with hold for pickup. It amazes me that someone that ignorant is employed.

14. Geminix thread starter macrumors newbie

Still no change on my UPS tracking.

However - I just spoke to a UPS agent, she looked up my info and said the watch is definitely getting delivered today, and that the delivery info hasn't updated because they haven't finished loading the trucks for today.

Hope she's right!!

15. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Ugh now I'm really wishing that UPS agent hadn't told me to hold it for Monday and I was just patient, wondering if it still would have come.

16. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Anyone else have a shipment out for delivery today?

17. bushman4 macrumors 68000

After reading this thread I can say that some people are more excited about the delivery than the actual Applewatch

18. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Huh?
    I'm excited about the delivery BECAUSE it's the apple watch.

I get packages all the time with zero fanfare

19. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

What he said

20. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Trucks leave at 8am

----------

No chance