Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Yes the benchmarks are true.

I have eBay, YouTube, Discover, Amazon, Weather and Safari.

While using safari with 6 tabs open it kept crashing and restarting the app it did it for 4 times and on the 5th time I closed the others apps and BAM no more crashing.

Also, noticed that my 32GB 5S was more smooth overall and tid faster.

I am returning the 6 and going back to 5S, most likely will the 6S when the actually give more ram and a better clocked processor.

PS: It was pretty shocking that the iPhone 5 which came out 2 years ago had the same RAM of 1GB as the 6 Plus.

hasanahmad

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2009
Yes the benchmarks are true.

I have eBay, YouTube, Discover, Amazon, Weather and Safari.

While using safari with 6 tabs open it kept crashing and restarting the app it did it for 4 times and on the 5th time I closed the others apps and BAM no more crashing.

Also, noticed that my 32GB 5S was more smooth overall and tid faster.

I am returning the 6 and going back to 5S, most likely will the 6S when the actually give more ram and a better clocked processor.

PS: It was pretty shocking that the iPhone 5 which came out 2 years ago had the same RAM of 1GB as the 6 Plus.

You do know the benchmarks show the Plus having a 10% faster performance on GPU side and a 2% slower performance than 6 on the CPU side and overall benchmark is the same....right??....right??! you do know that right?! and you do know that INCLUDING the bigger screen estate, the 6 and 6 Plus still outperform the 5S in benchmarks by 25% right? ...right?!

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I may be wrong but most of these apps were not ready/optimized for iOS8. Even iOS8 needs alot of tweaking so I think things will smooth out once the updates roll out.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
You do know the benchmarks show the Plus having a 10% faster performance on GPU side and a 2% slower performance than 6 on the CPU side and overall benchmark is the same....right??....right??! you do know that right?! and you do know that INCLUDING the bigger screen estate, the 6 and 6 Plus still outperform the 5S in benchmarks by 25% right? ...right?!

He is talking about ram limitation, not processor limitation you numpty! ;)

CoilTap

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
You guys know apps still don't truly run in the background, right? The data kept in memory for an "open" but inactive app is fairly minimal.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
is this your first time with a launch day phone?

new software, new hardware. of course there are going to be some kinks, the 5s had the advantage of being optmized for the last year through numerous software updates. Chill out and enjoy your phone.

iregret

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
I love it when people make decisions about things they don't understand. It's neato.

I guess it's unofficially official. Macrumor's "everything-I-think-is-wrong-with-my-iphone-6-must-be-the-lack-of-ram"-gate.

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I love it when people make decisions about things they don't understand. It's neato.

I guess it's unofficially official. Macrumor's "everything-I-think-is-wrong-with-my-iphone-6-must-be-the-lack-of-ram"-gate.

Everything is wrong because of the ram. How can you manage to run multiple apps with such low ram? iPhone 5 has same ram as 6 which is kind of bogus.

----------

is this your first time with a launch day phone?

new software, new hardware. of course there are going to be some kinks, the 5s had the advantage of being optmized for the last year through numerous software updates. Chill out and enjoy your phone.

Definitely not my first. Had all the iPhones but only launch ones from 4S

----------

You guys know apps still don't truly run in the background, right? The data kept in memory for an "open" but inactive app is fairly minimal.

That's partially true. Minimal memory depends on the time it has been inactive for.

----------

he is talking about ram limitation, not processor limitation you numpty! ;)

yes sir.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Making hardware decisions before 8.1 comes out is probably a bit rash.

How can you tell what's the phone and what's the software? I'd have no clue.

I agree. However to be fair, without knowing a release date. If you're unhappy better to return while you still can

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Everything is wrong because of the ram. How can you manage to run multiple apps with such low ram? iPhone 5 has same ram as 6 which is kind of bogus.

Because iOS doesn't do multitasking, and the OS combined with a SoC handles memory completely different to how Android or a standard computer does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.