Looks like they're already sold out...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFitz, Feb 9, 2011.

1. iFitz macrumors regular

Apple Store now says "ships by February 18th" so it looks as though they are already sold out of the first batch.

2. ace198 macrumors regular

3. iFitz thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't matter to me as mine arrived on Monday. But Verizon says the same thing, estimated shipping is 2/18.

4. gil7227 macrumors newbie

Already sold out

When it was first available to order iPhone on Apple or Verizon on 2/9 (12:01 am) the estimated date was 2/18 already on both sites.

5. iFitz thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, so they must have sold a lot more than they anticipated on the pre-order.

A co-worker of mine ordered at the same exact time as I did last week, and i got mine on Monday. She still hasn't received hers.

6. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Really?

I just reserved my order for store pickup, tomorrow after 12pm.

7. ace198 macrumors regular

Yeah I got mine on Monday as well. I bet that's the worst case scenario. Probably get it Thursday, Friday or Monday depending at what time you ordered.

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Whats the point of this thread? They arent sold out. If you went on at midnight when they first started the "preorder" thing it said ships by feb 18th all along. Dont make a new thread, theres PLENTY of other Veriphone threads this could have joined.

9. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Preorder said ships on the tenth. I too got mine on Monday.

10. iFitz thread starter macrumors regular

First of all, it's not a pre-order when the phone is officially released tomorrow. The pre-order was last week. Second of all, they are sold out except for those for purchase in store tomorrow. Third of all, sorry you're so bitter but keep those comments to yourself. If the mods think this thread could be merged with an already existing thread, so be it. But so far, this thread is a topic in itself, regarding the offical launch date phone selling out.

11. iFitz thread starter macrumors regular

Pre-order said "arrives on or before the 10th", not ships on...

I got mine on Monday too.

12. bbavender macrumors newbie

I dont believe they are sold out. It is just a way for Verizon to make their customers happy by delivering their present before they say they are going to. They also said that delivery of the pre order could be as late as tomorrow. I personally would rather avoid the crazy lines that are going to be there. The local mall is allowing lines to form outside the Apple Store tonight at 10pm. I will gladly sleep and hope that my device shows up before they state. If not, I have waited for this long what is another 10 days?