Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sourcherri14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
I have a jailbroken iPod touch 2nd gen 4.2.1 and when I try to download something from the app store it takes forever.

My wifi connection has 3 bars cause I'm running off my own network. I don't get it. Someone please help and tell me what could be wrong or if the same thin. Is happening with u. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

arianaandrea24

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2011
not sure what the actual problem is.

your internet connection might be slow.
your iPod is too old to run this firmware version.

Brucewl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Sometimes it will happen to me, the best way to solve this problem is download in computer and then sync into your ipod Touch. That's what I've done.

Sourcherri14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
not sure what the actual problem is.

your internet connection might be slow.
your iPod is too old to run this firmware version.

My internet connection is not slow it does everything else normally. I always have 2 or 3 bars. And it runs everything else just fine even tho my iPod is old with a newer firmware

Sourcherri14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Sometimes it will happen to me, the best way to solve this problem is download in computer and then sync into your ipod Touch. That's what I've done.

Yah that would only work r regular apps from apple right? Cause I've never heard of getting jailbroken apps off the computer

Brucewl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
You need to find a website to download some jailbreak apps in computer, and then sync into your iPod Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.