iPhone Looping Apple logo before finally booting up

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hellomoto4, Dec 29, 2013.

1. hellomoto4, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013

hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Wow, this has totally confused me!

I jailbroke my iPhone 5s, running 7.1b2, mid last week. On day one, after a failed respring, my phone seemed to go into a boot loop. The Apple logo would appear for about 8 seconds, screen go black, then reappear as if it's about to boot again. I manage to put my phone into recovery mode and restore back to 7.1b2 un-jailbroken.

So far, this boot loop issue has occurred about 5 times, on different jailbreaks, and I have restored and re-jailbroken every time to fix it (and yep it's as annoying as it sounds). It doesn't occur from the beginning of the jailbreak (i.e. booting works fine for a bit) but rather it just begins occurring someways down the track.

Today, it occurred again, about 12 hours after the initial jailbreak. However, I wasn't near a computer so I couldn't put it into recovery mode. BUT! After about 10 loops, my phone booted up again! I decided to hard reset the phone to test if this would occur again... and it did! About 10 loops of the Apple logo before it came on again, as if nothing was wrong.

Clearly, this is much better than initially thought, as instead of restoring I just need to wait a couple of minutes before my phone would boot up again. However, it's still quite annoying!

Therefore I was wondering if the MR community:
    1. Has seen or has this issue before?
    2. Might know a fix for it!?

I've been looking around on reddit and forums but can't seem to find anything like this. Rather, just full on boot loops which never actually boot the phone up.

Thank you for your time, MR!

---

A few notes:
    1. No tweaks are installed and this issue still occurs (i.e. it does not occur after installation of a particular tweak)
    2. Cydia is fully updated (1.1.9) and there are no essential upgrades
    3. Mobile Substrate is NOT installed

2. Billymac19 macrumors regular

Billymac19

Literally everything you post I can say the same...beta 2, 5s, restored several times...have no clue what's going on with it...just wanted let you know same exact as you

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

This happens to me as well. It gets a bit scary when it loops but eventually it does boot up for me. I think i have also get power/home at the same time until the screen turns off then re-power on with success

4. hellomoto4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Somewhat comforting to know it's not just me who's affected. I appreciate your posts!

Hopefully someone around here has some idea about what's going on.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If it bother you then just go back to 7.0.4. No one here will know the technical answer. The most likely scenario that I could think of the top of my head is that the injection vector doesn't follow the same path. Prob some stuff re-written at boot up for the 5S. My guess the re-written could be to fix the slow down with parallax and effects. So maybe try to turn ON reduced motion and see if that stops it from going into a loop.

6. hellomoto4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Holy crap. Admittedly sceptical to whether or not reduce motion would actually alter the outcome... But it fixed the issue! Thank you!!

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Awesome sauce!! Glad you got it to work as you wanted :)

I guess Holmes has nothing on me lol

8. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

my iPhone 5 does this but mini retina doesn't.

7.1b2 on both, 1.0.2 evasi0n on both.

what have you guys ended up doing?

9. bkribbs macrumors 65816

They turned on reduced motion.

10. djkasmic macrumors member

Did you try to jailbreak beta 2 with new evasi0n 1.0.3? Maybe the boot loop is fixed.

11. dmbatson macrumors newbie