Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmiller4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Maybe somebody here can help me figure this out:

I need to do a DVD presentation for an artist who's having a gallery show. He wants to have a monitor/tv set up in the gallery playing a series of still images that comprise his artwork in various stages of completion. It'll be a "this is how I create my art" kind of thing.

With the images he gave me, I created a looping presentation in Keynote that he's happy about. I exported it to Quicktime and it looped fine as well. But putting it on DVD required me to author the presentation in iDVD and I can't seem to loop the presentation at all. It ultimately runs through the images and then reverts back to the menu.

I then tried making a slide-show in iDVD. Same thing. It always reverts to a menu.

Is there any way, any combination of basic Mac software I can use, to create a looping presentation of 30 to 40 images that can be burned to a DVD, popped into any DVD player and play non-stop at this guy's gallery show? Thanks for any suggestions.

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
in iDVD, under "Advanced" choose: Loop Movie.

There are also usually "Loop" options on DVD players.

mmiller4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks, that worked when played on my Mac in iDVD. But when burned to the disc and played in different DVD players it looped the menu but wouldn't play program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.