Looping Kernel Panic after Time Machine Restore

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mikelong622, Oct 29, 2009.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Boy am I in a pickle.

Last night as I was avidly working on my senior design portfolio, my mac totally crapper out on me. Indesign ceasec to function, firefox wouldn't open, and the whole system as a whole ran extrememly sluggish. The last big change I performed on my mac was the installation of Suitcase Fusion 2. I tried reinstalling CS4 from a disc, but it kept getting stuck loading the installer, I finally gave up and decided to restore my mac from a time machine backup. At this point it was 4AM, so I chose the most recent backup before I installed suitcase, and went to bed. When I woke up for work at 7:30, it said it was ready for restart, so I excitedly sat down and clicked restart. I got my startup chime and thr apple logo, and then the grey screen wiped down. Kernel Panic. I restarted it a few more times, unplugged all peripherials, and each time I got thr panic message. So, tired and distraught, I tried another backup, this one from a few days ago, let it run, and went to work. I just got home, restarted the newly restored computer, and got the same damn result. At this point in time I am doing a fresh restore from the CD, and am going to try doing the time machine recovery during startup.

Anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions. I have 2 months till I graduate college. Not a great time for a computer issue like this. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. BTW, ive googled around, but haven't found any solutions, so that's why I am here seeking help. Thanks in advance for any help offered!!!!

P.s. Sorry for the typos, my only means of a computer right now is my iPhone.

2. markojug macrumors regular

Can you boot into safe mode? Safe mode boots only using necessary drivers. If that Panics on you, you might have to reinstall Mac OS X.

3. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I just got done reinstalling. I'm going to try to use migration assistant to do a time machine restore now that osx is stable. If that doesn't work I'll have to manually reinstall all my apps, and just take the data manually out of my time machine drive.