Looping video clips

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by BEET, Oct 18, 2007.

1. BEET macrumors member

Hi all

I'm trying to work out the best program to use to set up a web page that contains several video clips that loop continuously. I had a go in flash CS3 and found that it involved quite a bit of script, and the loop wasn't perfect...it had a very brief pause in between loops. I've also had a quick go with after effects CS3 but I've never really used it. I found a few tutorials that tell you to select the movie clip and go to file>interpret footage> main > and select the amount of loops. I couldn't get this to work either, probably because I'm doing it completely wrong! I imported the 4 clips onto the stage and changed the loop options, and not much looping seems to happen.
    Before trying flash and after effects I also tried iWeb, but as I want a couple of the clips to overlap, iWeb can't really handle this and a weird flashing effect happens where the clips overlap.

Any suggestions on where to go next, what application would be best...would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I think the correct process is probably simple, I just don't know what it is yet....

Thanks

2. skimaxpower Guest

You can loop a .mov file very easily.

In quicktime Pro:
    View->Loop.
    Then save. The file will loop forever now.

Although I'm not sure if it will work when embedded in a web page. Try it and find out...

3. BEET thread starter macrumors member

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, (I've decided to try and do this using Flash CS3) when the looped quicktime converted flv file is imported into Flash it loses any of the quicktime playback settings and so doesn't loop.

I have looked over trillions of tutorials and forums and come across only one tutorial that nearly works –

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=984BA

I downloaded the attached tutorial file and completed it, which resulted in a working looped flash file. However when I re-saved it in a different root folder and changed the actionscript to reference my flv the loop didn't happen.

Any flash wizzes out there?

thanks again....beet