loopp direction

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aussiebob2322, May 9, 2015.

1. Aussiebob2322 macrumors newbie

why do the leather loop and milanese loop bands loop in opposite directions? I believe that the ML is more intuitive, since it would tend to not shift on the magnets as much.

2. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

The lugs on each piece are identical, so there is nothing to stop you switching them around as you desire.

3. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

I've seen that in the Apple pictures myself and I have no idea. I thought bands of this style had the 'standard' with the clasp towards the outside. Any watch band experts on leather loops want to chime in?

Obviously both can be used either way but Apple did show the Milanese the 'historic' way, so I'm puzzled on the reversal on the leather!

4. roddenshaw macrumors 6502

It could be aesthetic. The ML loops around one of the lugs, such that the loop isn't particularly noticeable. The leather loops around a short strap, so if you use the short section on the bottom of the watch the loop will be facing you a lot of the time.

5. Aussiebob2322 thread starter macrumors newbie

i realize that they can be switched to suit ones taste, i was just wondering why :apple: displays them as they do?

6. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Good point. I looked at the store photos again and it does have that 'tail' it goes through, unlike the ML. In any case, we do have the option to use it either way! :)

7. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I do prefer swapping it the ther way with the short band on the bottom. Not only does the magnets shift less this way with wrist movement, I also like how the chrome loop is facing towards me instead of towards others.

8. mbhforum macrumors 6502

I feel the same way. I don't like the chrome part facing outwards as it looks weird from the other angle.

9. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

I switched it and definitely prefer it this way.Feels and looks more natural.

Tuck