Loopt Bug?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sean7512, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I think I found a pretty big bug in Loopt. When you open it, and it goes "Locating..." I noticed it pins you to wherever your last location was in Google Maps. Another words, it DOES NOT turn the GPS on and find you, it piggybacks off of where Google Maps last had you. Go try it, turn GPS on in Google Maps to locate you...then go somewhere, open Loopt and Loopt will say that you are at the last place Google Maps had you.

This sucks, because now when I want to update my Loopt status, I must open Google Maps and locate me, then go to Loopt :( Hope an update comes soon. It can't be my iPhone cause Google Maps works fine, and my sister's iPhone exhibits the same behavior.

2. kashmoney2006 macrumors regular

i do not have an iphone 3g with gps so i cant comment, but if this is true, that is a horrible way to find your "current location".

3. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update for Loopt just came out tonight on my phone....It says it fixes 3G location, so I will test this out tomorrow and report back :D

4. ShaqFu macrumors member

still having problems with loopt. It seems that the A-GPS system works best on edge and not 3G. When I am on 3G the Map/Graffiti/Where/or Loopt can't find where I am at. But if i switch to EDGE it finds me.

Also it sucks that you have to go to Maps and then open up loopt to even get it to work.

It is like some of theses application are "beta" and should of not even been released.

5. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I haven't played with these apps that much, but haven't had any issues with locating. Also, on the Google Maps scenario. This I don't believe has anything to do with Maps, but the Core Location API that probably stores that last place the phone was at when Core Location was used and location was logged.