Loose Apple on Unibody Aluminum!??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by egk69, Jun 18, 2010.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Hi, I have a 13" MacBook Aluminum Unibody and the Apple logo is loose since a few months ago, do you think i should send it to apple to get it repaired or something?

Have this happen to anyone in here?

My Macbook have a few dings and scratches since i dont have a case for it, would that be a problem at the moment of sending it to apple?

also

For some reason sometimes I close the lid and it doesnt go to stand by or something happens, it turns off the screen (cause the apple logo turns off) but the fans or the computer it self stays on and at the next day it'll be dead and thats how i know it stayed on the whole night.

what should i do, I've had this MB for 1 year and a few months now and I love it, but I've never deal with the Apple warranty and cause im on PR i would have to send it by mail cause we dont have a Apple Store in here.

2. johnnyham macrumors regular

If you've had it for over a year, then you're no longer covered under their limited warranty. You can talk to an Apple rep and they can quote you a price to have it fixed out of warranty, but it'll cost a bundle. There might not be any Apple stores in PR, but you may be able to find an Apple authorized service provider (aka repair shop). Still, they'll charge quite a bit.

As for why it's not shutting off, it sounds like a software problem. If the screen is turning off, then the sensor that tells when the lid is closed is working properly, but something in your system isn't letting it go to sleep.

3. egk69 thread starter macrumors 6502

i have the 3yr apple care...

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'd send it in. The worst they can do is say no. It's not like your computer can get any less fixed than it is now.