loose back glass panel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bearcats087, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bearcats087 macrumors member

bearcats087

im pretty sure the backpanel is somewhat loose as it makes a loud tapping/clicking noise when touched as well as when i type something...is this an issue for anyone else?

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

No the phone should feel solid and secure on the front back and sides.

3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

That doesn't sound normal. Mine doesn't do that. Genius appointment much?

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

4. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Sorry to bump a semi-old thread, but my iPhone is suddenly having the same problem. I've found if I have my bumper on or squeeze the edge of the glass very lightly the clicking sound goes away.

It's very annoying when I don't have the bumper on. Eventually I'll probably take it to the Apple Store, but since I have the bumper on it really doesn't bother me, at least right now.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

may be a loose sleep/wake button (I think I have that right now)

also, the autofocus of the camera clicks when shaken or tapped near the camera, because it is a moving part

6. tnoe10 macrumors newbie

same

i am having the same problem right now.. i push on the back right side of the phone and its making a clicking noise, what did you end up doing to it?

7. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Mine did the same thing about 3 weeks ago. I posted in here asking the same questions. I took it straight to Apple, and they replaced it for free without question.

8. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

This is a valid problem which highlights the fact that despite it's advancements, the iP4 is far from Apples best iPhone to date.

I've owned them all, and the best I've experienced in quality, durability and functionality was the 3GS.

Hopefully Apple will return to greatness with the next gen model. I won't miss my iP4 for a millisecond.