Loose battery Cover, Apple comes though...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Star-fire, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Star-fire macrumors 6502

So I bought a MBP 2.53 from the Apple store about a week ago and it had a loose battery cover, at first I had come to accept that is how they were, but haver seeing a few posts and a video on youtube I headed back to the store. The genius looked at it and swapped it for another no questions asked!

I love Apple with their great service, the new one is much better, even the latch is sits more flush.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

how did you lose your cover? .. or did it just not come with one?

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Loose not lose.

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Ugh, I'm having the same problem with mine. It wiggles back and forth every time I pick it up..very annoying. A piece of tape will have to do for now. :rolleyes:

5. James17 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't call it good service considering their quality control is a disgrace. Loose latches shouldn't happen in the first place. My MacBook Pro suffers a noisy fan and a replacement is on the way but I've made it clear if there's any issues with the second one then it's refund time. They want the one I'm using at the moment to investigate the fan issue but the testing and investigation stage should be before the product is released, not afterwards when customers are experiencing their failure to test.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

what better testers than real world customers lol. I think apple has implemented this strategy :D

7. James17 macrumors 6502

If that's their intention then it's a big mistake.

8. 7even macrumors 6502a

Notice how Gmail is still in beta :p