Loose bumpers - exchange it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NWI73, Jul 12, 2010.

1. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I bought a bumper on Friday...put it on and it fit snug. On Saturday my brother screwed mine up (long story) and so he went and bought me another one. Put that one on and it's loose.

I would like to exchange it at the apple store this weekend but am not sure this is something they would do or not.

Has anybody tried or done this?

2. Atenza6 macrumors member

Yup

I know for a fact that they will accept opened box bumpers for full refund within like 15 or 30 days from purchase. It should say on receipt. Anyways, since they accept returns for opened bumpers than I don't see why they won't let you exchange it for one that will fit better.

3. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

4. jblock macrumors regular

Yes, they will. I bought a black one and put it on and it's very loose. Went back to the store and they opened another one and it was just as loose. They offered to open another or give a refund. On the other hand, my blue one is not loose at all.

5. Atenza6 macrumors member

My black one is loose too. Except, I ordered it from apples website and it was sent to me. I wonder if they will exchange or refund me at the apple store.

My green one that I bought from the store fitted fine.

6. Khryz macrumors 6502a

This is good to know.

I have a white Bumper being delivered on Thursday, and an Apple Genius appt. on Saturday for my Mac. If the Bumper isn't perfect I will hopefully be able to exchange it.

7. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll try on Saturday then. I have the receipt for my first one but not the one I have on my phone now. I have the packaging for the second one only which obviously the sku won't match the receipt I have (for the first one). Wonder if i have to show a receipt for an exchange or only take the package?

Thanks guys.

8. katai macrumors regular

Do they actually check if anything wrong with the bumper before returning money? I have a chip on one corner from dropping phone and want to exchange for a white one.

9. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

seriously? u damaged it and you wanna exchange it for a new one? I would think they would want it back in like new shape for refund and/or exchange, not all damaged.

10. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I returned my dock last week and they didn't ask for a receipt. They just scan the barcode on the packaging and go from there.

12. NWI73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Since the press conference today, I assume my apple store is going to be sold out of the bumpers by tomorrow. Should I just call apple and initiate an exchange and if so, how does that work? Do they ask for yours back?

13. slothy420 macrumors member

My bumper was loose and I went to the Apple store this afternoon and exchanged it, no problem. They did ask for the receipt (which I had) and they opened the new one right there in the store, put it on my phone, and kept the box. It was very quick and easy.