Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2016
Hey there!

So the last few weeks I've been using my MacBook Pro 13" 2016 a lot, and I really really like it. Only if I had opted for the i7 CPU, since Logic Pro is just not capable running Native Instruments smooth with my i5 3,1GHz :-(.

Anyhow, I noticed that all the adapters I've been using with my MacBook, easily detach when I move the MacBook a little. It seems that the old USB-A type connector just fitted a little bit tighter compared to the new USB-C ports. Please let me know if you're experiencing the same problem, because I think this could become a big issue over time.. By the way, the adapters I've been using are either from Apple, or 'MFi' like certified products..

Kind regards from The Netherlands!

Tom

JustinRP37

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2016
New York, NY
Hey there!

So the last few weeks I've been using my MacBook Pro 13" 2016 a lot, and I really really like it. Only if I had opted for the i7 CPU, since Logic Pro is just not capable running Native Instruments smooth with my i5 3,1GHz :-(.

Anyhow, I noticed that all the adapters I've been using with my MacBook, easily detach when I move the MacBook a little. It seems that the old USB-A type connector just fitted a little bit tighter compared to the new USB-C ports. Please let me know if you're experiencing the same problem, because I think this could become a big issue over time.. By the way, the adapters I've been using are either from Apple, or 'MFi' like certified products..

Kind regards from The Netherlands!

Tom
That is very strange. My first tbMBP the USB C ports were very tight. And I mean very tight. I would consider swapping it as they should not just flop out lie that. I had to return mine and am waiting on a swap because of a sleep/wake issue.

jmarking1986

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2017
The 2016 MacBook pro ports are designed bad. They are using non-metal reinforced ports for USB C. In the 2015 model they had a decent amount of metal on the port, unlike the new ones. I am attaching pictures below. I want to start a lawsuit at this point. I have had mine fixed a month after getting it back I am starting to get the same disconnect symptoms.

Attachments

• 2015 12 Inch Macbook.png
    2015 12 Inch Macbook.png
    439 KB · Views: 157
  • 2015 macbook pro.png
    2015 macbook pro.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 214
  • 2016 Macbook pro.png
    2016 Macbook pro.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 150
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.