loose corner and lines

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sparkleblue, Jul 26, 2013.

1. sparkleblue macrumors newbie

sparkleblue

My 2008 mac is having more issues than I thought. One corner of my mac is coming loose and the top of the computer is coming loose too. If I move the screen too much it gives me lines like this. It functions properly besides that. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or do I need to take it somewhere to get it fixed?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

did you drop it down accidentally? Seems like its pulling on the display cable, it could cause a short on the logic board or even rip the connector out if enough force is put. You could see if you get some used working displays, or an oem display.

3. sparkleblue thread starter macrumors newbie

sparkleblue

Yes I dropped it on that corner a while back. It's been about a year since then so I didn't think that there would be a problem but I guess it's gotten worse over time.

4. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

oh well since you said a year then i guess you can use it the way you have been using it and repair it whenever you feel like.
    My macbook fell down just this one time and i almost fainted, just had a small dent on the corner of the display.

To answer your question in the opening post you could repair it if your comfortable with opening it up. Or else you could see for a place that repairs macs.