Loose glass on back of iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boonlar, Jul 21, 2011.

1. boonlar macrumors 6502

the glass back on my iphone 4 is loose. I can move it side to side with my finger.

Is this enough to go to the apple store and ask for a new iphone? It also has lots of marking on the metal band from the horrible iphone bumper. the warranty is almost up so I have to decide now if I'm going to take it in.

2. Cole JM macrumors regular

Just try going in and telling them, they should swap it out or tighten the screws on the bottom of the phone. How hard is it to go to a store?

3. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

Mine did this about a month ago, the back would click and shift if you pressed on it. I took it in, the guy pressed it one time, checked my warranty, and then offered to replace the glass. That didn't help, so he offered to replace it completely. Problem solved, plus this one (knock on wood) doesn't have the home button and lock button issues either.

4. boonlar thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it's jailbroken so I would have to restore it and then redo everything and then if they don't swap it I'd be kinda mad.

5. i4Collin macrumors regular

The back of my iPhone 4 is loose, but I can't get it fixed because my phone is almost a month out of warranty. Just go into the Apple Store and explain your situation. They should either tighten the screws, or swap it out.

6. InvAdErekiM macrumors newbie

just got my girlfriends iphone swapped out free from apple because her home button wasn't working. HER WARRANTY WAS 24 DAYS over and they told us that as long as they are not too far passed it. he didn't give a specific number but its worth a try man. im going tomorrow to swap mine since i noticed the back of mine is loose and i have antenna and headphone jack problems. mine is 21 days over. hopefully they treat me like they did my girls phone.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So you voided the warranty and would be mad if they didn't honor it? Hmmmm......

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

use pkgbackup makes it as easy as 1-2-3 to restore all your cydia things in a few seconds from stock (once you jailbreak again)

----------

lol anti-jailbreakers make funny comments, i think hes would be more errated that he has to restore to stock, just to find out it wont be fixed then have to come home, re-jailbreak and add all his tweaks again

9. luked14 macrumors 6502

You can buy a new backplate on ebay for about $15-$20 and replace it yourself if you'd rather not fool with unjailbreaking to take to Apple.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Hmmm, JBers make the funniest comments. You knowingly void the warranty, scramble to get everything stock so they'll fix something that shouldn't covered, and then complain because you have to do a little work to void the warranty again? I have nothing against jbing per se, I just have a problem with people who can't own up to the fact that they're no longer reasonably covered for repairs and then complain about it.

11. lilcosco08, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011

lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Yes, they won't fix a hardware issue due to software modifications :rolleyes:

Secondly, a software modification wiil cause a hardware issue

[​IMG]

12. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

:d

14. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

Man, Jailbreaking software must have really advanced recently if a TWEAK can loosen a back glass. Impressive.