Loose headphone jack with 6?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Anyone else notice the headphone jack is much looser than previous iDevices? It takes almost no pressure to remove headphones. Not sure if it will continue to get looser or cause issues while exercising.

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Anyone else notice the headphone jack is much looser than previous iDevices? It takes almost no pressure to remove headphones. Not sure if it will continue to get looser or cause issues while exercising.
Oh, thank goodness! From the thread title, I thought you had misplaced it! Glad to hear that it's just loose and it's not lost! :p

In all seriousness, I've actually noticed the opposite; it feels "grippier" for me, if anything.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Oh, thank goodness! From the thread title, I thought you had misplaced it! Glad to hear that it's just loose and it's not lost! :p

In all seriousness, I've actually noticed the opposite; it feels "grippier" for me, if anything.
Fixed the title.

Really? Ok. Compared to my 5, ipods, ipad, it's very loose. Takes the lightest pull to remove it.

tekkt0r

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
i certainly did notice this. I went from a 5S to a 6+ and it's much easier to pull out my 3.5mm audio cord.

interesting isn't it?

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
i certainly did notice this. I went from a 5S to a 6+ and it's much easier to pull out my 3.5mm audio cord.

interesting isn't it?
Too many complaints about the previous setup maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.