Loose hinge on 2009 uMBP 15" ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheBritishBloke, Aug 25, 2009.

1. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Whenever my uMBP is on an angle (30Degrees or so) If the screen isn't practically all the way back, it tilts forward and practically shuts itself. Is this a faulty hinge? Will Apple replace this under Applecare?

Also, Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find any myself.
    :apple:

2. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

don't take this the wrong way, but things like this is hard for anyone to comment on without seeing what is in question.

and to ask if apple will fix under applecare is almost a waste of time.

reason being is they are fickle. you may call/ go in one day and the guy there agrees a repairs it right away. however, if you were to call or go on a different day and got a different genius, he may tell you it is normal or "it's within apple's specs" which is what they like to say alot.

it is all a luck of the draw and everyones experience is different. (sad but true)

the only way to know is to try. take it in see what they say. or if you can post a video, we can comment on our opinions, but whether or not they see it as an issue is up to apple.

3. TheBritishBloke thread starter macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Thanks for the reply.

I can't actually take it in to a store. Nearest one is 50mins away, which isn't worth it for me, I'd just send it in via the collect and return service.

I know what you mean about luck and draw, depends if the guy is in a good mood, or just moody in the first place. Mainly just wondering if anyone else is having this issue too.

4. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

No it's a 'feature' now get over it and live your life. :rolleyes:

5. TheBritishBloke thread starter macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Wow! I knew I paid £1500 for something! xD