Loose home button on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mjmar, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I took my first iPad 2 into the apple store due to excessive light bleeding and they happily gave me a new one. The new unit has less light bleeding, but the home button is noticeably more recessed and loose compared to my original. In fact, it's loose to the point where I can't see it lasting very long. So my question is, is that a worthy cause to get another replacement, or should I wait until the button actually stops functioning?

2. enormous macrumors newbie

I've got the same type of home button issue on mine. Would like other's opinion on the "when to return" question as well.

3. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

better get that taken in immediately. The genius I spoke to about the very same issue said its normal and deal with it, then asked if anything else was wrong with it and I mentioned the light bleed, THEN he did the replacement.

Funny, he pulled out his iphone and said "my home button is loose too, they're all like that.", then I pulled out mine and said "mine doesnt do it." lmao.

We went back and forth for a little bit until i brought up the light leak, then he replaced it. unfortunately the replacement i got had really bad light leak...I spoke to someone in apple and they'll be sending me a new ipad...supposedly fully tested. supposedly.