loose home button - will it lead to any problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lshirase, Aug 29, 2010.

1. lshirase macrumors regular

i noticed that the home button on my iphone is loose. sometimes it makes a clicking sound when i move it up and down. yes, i know i am not the only one. i really don't mind, but im curious if this issue will lead to something worse. for example, is it likely that my home button will stop working all together because it is loose? etc. everything else is fine with my phone (as far as i can tell), and i really don't want to exchange it for another one.

2. AdamSubach macrumors member

Its not very "Apple" like, so I would have it checked out! I'm 100% sure they will exchange it!

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I had the same thing. Then a week or so after I got my iP4 it stopped doing that and the button has been solid ever since.

4. Azmontana macrumors regular

Azmontana

Mine does it! it's actually really annoying considering I spent £500 on a phone, you'd think 'loose button' would be a problem you wouldn't have to deal with.

5. srexy macrumors 6502a

I got mine replaced for exactly this. I don't know if it would have affected longevity of the phone's functions but it felt bad and I found myself constantly fiddling with it.

6. ikarus79m macrumors member

I think you should get it checked out! The geniuses are usually very lenient with these kind of issues.

I'd give it a try!