Loose home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I AN LEGEND, Nov 2, 2012.

1. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

My home button on my phone that got delivered yesterday is a little loose. It really isn't that big of a deal, and I don't wanna be a baby about it, but it's kinda annoying. It wiggles and shifts, but still works properly. The difference is noticeable between my mom's 5 and mine.

Does anyone know if Apple would replace a phone for this problem? Do you guys think it's even worth it?

2. krashx7 macrumors regular

I have the same problem with mine. Sometimes I can move it around with my finger nail and it will make a strange clicking sound. I took mine to the apple store and was told it was normal(bs) but maybe youll have better luck than me. If mine gets any worse I'll def be going back.

3. compwiz1202 macrumors regular

Mine isn't exactly loose; it just doesn't feel flush with the rest of the phone. If I rub my finger along the phone I can feel it is sticking out a little.

4. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple Quality Control. Some iPhones have loose wiggly home buttons, loose sleep wake buttons when others don't.

5. RTbar macrumors regular

Mine does a double click, like a 2 stage camera button...you can press it down slightly and hear a crunchy noise that drives me crazy. I'm going to try and get it replaced tomorow

6. I AN LEGEND thread starter macrumors regular

Talked to Apple Care over the phone, they said it could be replaced, think I'm gonna go check it out in a store tomorrow, see what happens. It just bugs me that my mom's home button is stable as all hell, but mine is flimsy.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

This happened with my 5, home button became a little loose starting last week, the right side would push in and make a light clicking sound when lightly pushed, before making a full click when pushed harder.

Went to the apple store yesterday and they replaced it with a brand new phone, no questions asked. Good luck to everyone else with this problem, I suggest taking it in!

8. I AN LEGEND thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome. Thanks man.