Loose home button

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MrCookieMonster, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MrCookieMonster macrumors newbie

Late to the party with Apple Watch. Got my 42mm S2 Aluminium with White Sport Band last week. Really like it so far, however the home button is loose.

The digital crown feels solid, but the home button rocks with almost a pivot in the middle. Its not like it is going to fall out but still very much different to the digital crown. Its almost like the power button on my old iPhone 4s back in the day (I think this was fairly common?).

Just wondered if this is "normal" that there is so much play in the movement of the button. I have never really handled the Apple Watch before, always seen it in the glass cabinets etc.

The concern is that it may not be sealed in terms of water resistance because of this and I want to use it for swimming. I know Apple Care would sort out a problem if that was the case, but I hoped to keep the watch >1 year and wonder if it would become more loose.

That was a bit longer than intended... :) Basically wondered if other peoples home buttons were like this or not?

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

checked Mine for you, it doesnt pivot, stays nice and flat.

3. MrCookieMonster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, it felt a bit wrong tbh, but not having used one before wanted to check. Think I will take it back before the 14 days is up and try to get a replacement.