Loose iPhone 5S Power Button

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jason.siegel, Sep 25, 2013.

1. jason.siegel macrumors 6502

I just received my iPhone 5S, and I noticed that the power button is a little loose. If I tap it (without pressing hard enough to click it), it rattles. Is this normal?

2. clumsyalex macrumors newbie

I don't think that's normal. My iphone 4 doesn't even do that. If anything just take it to the apple store and have it replaced.

3. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

The power button on my 5S has a little bit of wiggle room in it as well. I'll compare it to my former (now my girlfriend's) 5 when I get home and see if there's a difference.

4. nbuubu macrumors regular

My 5S power button wiggles a bit when I shake it. Noticed it immediately.

Then picked up my wife's 4S, my old 4S, and my mom's 4. All rattle a little bit.

Really not the end of the world ... my 5S is pristine, has a flawless screen, and no other defects. Could spend months chasing a 5S with a power button that doesn't wiggle slightly and still end up trading that for another problem.

5. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

Ok, checked my old 5. It has a little wiggle room also. It's a moving part so you'd kinda expect that. I'm confident nothing is wrong with your phone.

6. nilzi macrumors regular

It's absolutely unnormal, go to Apple store to replace a new one.

7. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Its very normal. Has been reported ever since the iphone 5. Numerous posts than, and now, so really nothing to worry about. Just do a Search to find these posts. Those with iphone 4 don't have the iphone 5 or 5s and post incorrectly. My iphone 5 rattles a small bit.

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=36131346