Loose Key Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by henryNZ, Aug 11, 2014.

1. henryNZ macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I got a Macbook Pro Retina 13 about 2-3 weeks ago with extended 3 year warranty etc and I noticed when I picked it up the other day there was a small rattle. I shook it round as you do trying to find the source of the rattle, but it seemed to keep changing etc. I then found that when I held certain keys it didnt rattle so I am 99% sure I found the problem.

Its also getting annoying typing when its rattly. What can Apple do for me in this situation. Im sure that my friends macbook doesnt have loose keys! Also I dont type really hard on the keys so im sure its not self damage

Any help would be much appreciated

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're in the 14 day return window, then exchange it, otherwise call/visit apple and see what they can do. They may easily exchange it for you or send it in for repair.

3. x3n0n1c macrumors regular

Unfortunately due top the way macbooks are put together, replacing the keyboard is a pretty significant job. By all means take it to an apple store and get them to check it out, but don't be surprised if they will not do anything about it as from what you have said this appears to only be an annoyance rather than a functional issue.

Good luck sir.

4. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

Fight for your rights. You expected to receive the famous Mac Book Pro with Retina Display, not Mac Book Pro with Loose Keyboard. The product is advertised as perfect so you shouldn't be happy until you get one that is.

5. henryNZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I will call Apple this afternoon and see why they can do. It's only just outside the 14 day return policy anyhow. I'll report back later

6. Pirmas macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. Just got my mbpr 13, all keys are loose. Wonder how your case was solved?