Loose lower bezel hinge uMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allanibanez, Jul 11, 2009.

1. allanibanez macrumors regular

The black strip that covers the hinge on my mbp (the one beneath the MacBook Pro writing) is getting increasingly loose. It slides left and right and also makes clicking noises whenever the lid is opened / shut. Obviously this is a cosmetic annoyance, but as ever, this wasn't the cheapest of laptops so faults like this are quite annoying. Anyone else had similar issues? Also is there way of taking it off and repositiong it without having to take too much of the machine apart?

2. celticpride678

If you are worried about it, you can take it to the Apple Store and have them take a look.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Ditto, take it to the Apple store and have them look at it. They can tighten the hinge or repair it and if you don't want it repaired right away they will log it that it's getting loose so you won't be blamed when it gets worse and you're ready for a repair.

4. jpma macrumors 6502

i'm getting my screen change for the sound produce by the hinge, same problem as yours
    but not so worst that it moves right and left.
    I'm under applecare, better to report to apple behind it get worst that makes it look like accidental damage.

5. allanibanez thread starter macrumors regular

I live about an hour away from my nearest apple store so i may just ring apple care and see what they say, i.e. whether taking it to a genius will definitely get it sorted. if not i'll save myself the trip hope it goes away.

6. boston44 macrumors 6502

I was just saying this to myself about my MBP 13 inch as I was browsing through the site. It's not a big deal to me, but it can be a little annoying.

7. jpma macrumors 6502