Loose plastic left in case after repair...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KSUWizard, Jan 8, 2013.

1. KSUWizard macrumors member

So I took my pretty new 15" Macbook Pro in to get the battery replaced after it was shutting down with no warning at 47%. Took about 30 min and when I got it back, I kept hearing a rattle noise when picking it up. Sounded like a loose screw. I took the back case off and shook it a bit and a small piece of plastic fell out. Everything else seemed in order and it works great. I feel like it's a bit odd for that kind of workmanship from a "Genius". Then again, maybe not. Anyone else have similar experiences? Worth a phone call or visit?

[​IMG]

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

That little bit of plastic is part of the tab that is used to hold the battery in place. They break off if the screw put inside them is tightened too much.

3. KSUWizard thread starter macrumors member

Ah, thanks! Well the battery didn't fall out when I had it upside down with the case off so I won't worry too much. I'm just glad nothing important fell out when I was looking for it.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

But that screw will loosen a bit after a while and you'll hear a strange knocking around inside the case and your trackpad won't function correctly. That's because the battery will become loose. Keep an eye on it.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It may have also been from the old battery. Those little plastic tabs always break.